Inkscape is cross-platform and has versions that run on Windows, Linux and OS X.
With the new release Inkscape 0.91 rendering and filters have become significantly faster.
- Cairo rendering for display and PNG export;
- OpenMP multithreading for all filters;
- C++ code conversion;
- Major improvements in the Text tool;
- Measure tool;
- Type design feature;
- Symbol library and support for Visio stencils;
- Cross platform WMF and EMF import and export;
- Improved support for Corel DRAW documents, Visio importer;
- Support for real world document and page size units, e.g. millimeters;
- Numerous usability improvements;
- Native Windows 64-bit build;
- more release details and download links
• On MS Windows when the desktop colordepth is set to 16-bit, Inkscape is unusable because of exploding memory usage. Please set the colordepth to 32-bit.
10 most exciting features in Inkscape 0.91
Tileable Patterns in Inkscape