Version 15.07 of Shotcut is now available for download.
New features and changes:
- 4K UHD support
- 5 new video filters:
- Old Film: Dust
- Old Film: Grain
- Old Film: Projector
- Old Film: Scratches
- Old Film: Technocolor
- 5 new audio filters:
- Bass & Treble (3-band graphic equalizer)
- Band Pass
- High Pass
- Low Pass
- Added Insert Track and Remove Track
- New default Encode settings produce a better quality H.264 MP4 file
- Composite now defaults to on/enabled for new video tracks
- You open files by drag-n-drop in addition to the usual menu and toolbar methods.
- MLT XML files can be opened as a clip; so, you can use Shotcut to test your XML.
- Tap J, K, L to control playback speed and direction. Tap J or L repeatedly to go faster.
- Tap I or O to set the in and out points.
- Press left or right cursor keys to step frame-by-frame.
- Press page up or down to step one second at-a-time.
- Press alt+left or alt+right to jump between start, in, out, and end.
- Right-click the video window to access its settings.
- Version is based on date. You can choose to update whenever you like and keep multiple versions (new versions are available monthly).